Steps involved in Integration Repository
1. Create Data Type and Message Type for Source and Target structures
2. Create Message Interfaces for Source and Target
3. Create Message Mapping
Enter Value Mapping Properties such as Agency, Schema for Source and Target messages. Any arbitrary string value can be used. But enter the Value Mapping Context as http://sap.com/xi/XI
4. Create Interface Mapping
Steps involved in Integration Directory
1. Create Integration Scenario and Party
2. Create a Business Service and assign the Sender and Receiver interfaces
3. Create Sender Receiver Communication Channel
4. Enter the Agency and Schema in the Identifiers Tab for the Sender and Receiver adapter
5. Create Receiver Determination, Interface Determination, Sender Agreement and Receiver Agreement. (Not described in this document)
6. In the Integration Directory from the Tools menu choose Value Mapping.
7. Enter Agency and Schema values for Source and Target
8. In the next screen, the Value Mapping Agencies will be displayed.
9. Enter the values for Source and Target.
10. Source XML File Structure
11. Target XML File Structure
We are done. Activate all the objects and run the scenario. Check the generated output file. You can see that the target value for the ‘EmpDesig’ field is changed.
I hope this blog gives you an understanding of how Value Mappings in XI can be maintained at configuration time using the Graphical Mapping Tool.