hello report developers,
here is a report that shows you how you can translate strings / text on a report using Crystal Report’s Custom Functions.
the advantages of using this method are:
1) no .dll’s have to be registered
2) the translation method is portable with the report
3) Custom Functions are repository objects so they can be easily added to any report
4) they can be edited by the report developer
5) you do not have to create lookup tables in the database for each language
steps to use this report:
a) use the publishing wizard to publish the report to your Enterprise environment with the saved data
b) create a new user in the Central Management Console called “German” or “French”….see the LanguageGroups Custom Function for more potential user names
c) log off the repository in the Crystal Reports designer and log on using the new user you created
i hope that this helps out.