With this blog I am trying to explain the new concept of handling data records with errors using Error DTP.
Check this link for types of possible data record errors.
In this blog I am considering simple case of data records that contains invalid characters. Scenario could be any this is just for the explanation of concept.
While loading data records using DTP, error records get updated into Error Stack of DTP. Error Stack is physically a type of PSA table, we correct errors in Error Stack, and then we create Error DTP to load changed data from Error Stack to Data Target.
Below are the steps that need to perform to handle data records with errors:
- By clicking on Error Stack we can check error records.
- Correcting erroneous records in Error Stack by clicking edit button on top left.
- Creating Error DTP from the update tab of standard DTP.
Once Error DTP gets created, we can check the status of Standard DTP which is changed from create to display, and can also check the Error DTP under the Object for which we created the standard DTP.
- Schedule the Error DTP from Execute tab.
- In the Error DTP process monitor its showing 3 records that we corrected in Error Stack in earlier steps.
- We can also check the status of Standard DTP, its also Green now (without errors).
- You can also check the records updated status of Standard and Error DTP in the manage tab of data target.
Error DTP concept is more useful when source of DTP is some InfoProvider (DSO, InfoCube). Try to explore more on Error DTP, and see how it works for you.