I am excited and happy to see that many users in the past few days, have posted in XI Forum on topics related to XI Certification. SAP offers an extensive list of certification exams for solution consultants, technical consultants, and users. This guide will give details about XI Certification.
- What certification does SAP offer for eXchange Infrastructure?
- SAP offers the following XI Certification:
Technology consultant certification — If you complete the SAP Solution Academy or SAP solutions training classes, you can take the technology exam to become a certified technology consultant. If you already have significant experience in Basis, SAP system administration, or R/3 database administration, you can take the exam without completing the course work.
Development consultant certification — This certification is available for individuals who are developing applications to interface with other SAP solutions. After you complete the necessary Solution Academy courses, you can take the exam to become a certified development consultant.
- What are the courses covered for certification preparation?
- The course is structured based on the track:
Technology Consultant Track
TBIT40 (XI Fundamentals)
TBIT50 (XI Technical Implementation & Operation – Part 1)
TBIT51 (XI Technical Implementation & Operation – Part 2)
Development Consultant Track
TBIT40 (XI Fundamentals)
TBIT41 (Mapping Concepts)
TBIT42 (Adapter Concepts)
TBIT43 (Business Process Management Concepts)
TBIT44 (Mapping, Adapters and BPM)
- Where can I get the course material?
- You need to attend the course in any of the SAP Authorised Training Centres to get the course materials.
- What is the duration of the certification?
- The duration of the certification is 3 hours with 80 questions.
- Does the question pattern have multiple options? Is there any Negative Marking for wrong answers?
- Some of the questions have single option and some have multiple options. The questionnaire does not carry Negative Marking for wrong answers.
- During the exam are any materials allowed for reference?
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
- When will SAP declare the result?
- On completion of the online test, once you click SUBMIT, you will get the result and the topicwise score. Upon successful completion of the test, within a month’s time, you will get the Certificate.
- Can I take the certification without taking up a training?
- Normally, when you take the academy training in any of the SAP Authorised Training Centres, certification will be part of the training package cost. If you wish to take the certification without taking up the training, your employer (should be an SAP Partner) should certify you with a minimum hands on work experience of 12 months in XI.
- Where can I get more information about new XI Courses?
- Check this link for New XI Courses
- Where can I download the entire XI course material?
- Please do not post in the forum asking for course materials, as they are copyright of SAP AG. No part of the publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose.
- Can I get some sample questions as part of the XI Certification preparation?
- Posting for sample questions in the forum is strictly prohibited. Do not post topics asking for sample Certification Questions.
I hope the above information will give beginners an idea about XI certification details.