Many customers are planning upgrades to SAP NetWeaver 2004s BI this year and early next year so we wanted some of our Ramp-Up customers who have already gone live to share their experiences with other customers to help you be successful.
We’re pleased to have a podcast and PDF’s available from a webcast with Kimberly-Clark and Wawa where they discuss the value proposition and key drivers for their upgrade or install, areas focused on during Ramp-Up, project timelines including future plans, and lessons learned. Following the presentations is a Q&A panel discussion with the customers and they are also joined by some members of the SAP Ramp-Up Back Office team.
Major Release for the BI capabilities in SAP NetWeaver 2004s
SAP NetWeaver 2004s is a major release of BI the largest delta in the last 4 years!
New and improved data flow concept
Use of Java and SAP NetWeaver Portal in a more advanced manner than any SAP application previously
- Java and SAP NetWeaver Portal – at least 25% of the processing load for presentation away from the ABAP system
- New generation of BI front-end tools based on Java and SAP NetWeaver Portal, functional migration required
- BI drives deployment of Federated Portal and can add to complexity of system landscape
SAP NetWeaver BI Accelerator SAP innovation of search-engine-based appliance
- A breakthrough for query and analytic performance
- New Authorizations Concept
BI Integrated Planning completely integrated with Analytical Engine and BEx
- Many other new features and functionality i.e. remodeling, re-partitioning, BEx Report Designer, etc.
Link to more information: BI capabilities in SAP NetWeaver 2004s.
- 500+ active customer projects
- 35+ live customers (20+ in North America)
- 5 customers live with SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence Accelerator (20+ active projects)
- 80+ actively implementing BI Integrated Planning
- Many new customers inside mySAP ERP 2005
- Massive number of upgrades in Q4/06 and Q1/07
More to come….
Part II of this blog will be coming in a few weeks with a new set of customers so stay tuned!