Using SDN to Win the Demo Jam on Two Continents
I am proud to announce that SAPlink won at last night’s demo jam here at TechEd Amsterdam. All the demos were very good, there was free beer, and the event was just flat out exciting. There was a standing room only crowd of at least 2000 people and let me tell you…these Europeans really know how to rock the house! If you were in Vegas, you know that we tried to bribe the crowd into cheering for us by telling them that we wouldn’t release this free software unless they got rowdy. Well, we had to change this a bit in Amsterdam because we had already released SAPlink last month. So we decided, as a grand finale, that the best way to express what we are most proud of, was to show the crowd what the community has done for this project in only 3 weeks since Vegas. Since seeing is believing, I will just show you: Here is a screen shot of our original demo and all the available plugins from Las Vegas: And here is a screen shot of our grand finale last night where we showed all the plugins now available with hard work from the community: Woah! Now that’s just awesome, isn’t it? This was the end of our demo as the crowd erupted into applause the moment we showed what you guys had accomplished. This victory is truly a victory for SDN and our whole community. Both Dan and I would like to give thanks to everyone who cheered us on in Vegas, thanks to everyone who got rowdy with us in Amsterdam, and most gracious and special thanks to our fellow community developers who helped SAPlink grow at a faster rate than we could have imagined. -ewH Subscribe to my blog SAPlink announcements:
- SAPlink version 0.1.2 has been released. Download the current version at our project code page
- Many new plugins are available including function groups, smartforms, message classes, and infocubes. You can download these and more here
- We have moved all SAPlink info and documentation to the much anticipated and very welcomed SDN wiki
- If you are interested in doing development or just want to stay informed with the latest happenings, hop over to our SAPlink discussion group
- Check out all the other community projects using SAPlink as their distribution/collaboration tool of choice
- Read our first blog from last year where SAPlink was still just an idea
It's really great to see what is going on with SAPLink.
I have a question: It seems the BI and the Forms directory is empty for me under Revision 119: /Current Release/Plugins. Do I have to wait a couple of days or maybe I navigated to the wrong place?
The plugin developer, Onno Bagijn, has just sent the smartform plugin to us and has asked the community for help with testing before a "release". All alpha versions of plugins can be found in the trunk directory of the repository. These versions can be used, but they haven't been tested thoroughly. Please submit any bugs on our code site.
Is any Saplink Christmas tree planned after the SAPLink Easter egg in ZSAPLINK=>GETSTRUCTUREFROMATTRIBUTES?