From beginning of next week (Fri, Oct 27th), a new session series will start to bring closer the hot topics of the Composite Application Framework to the SDN community. It’s called ‘Meet-the-expert Sessions’, because each session will be presented by an expert who is very familiar with the current topic of the Composite Application environment he or she presents. Typical topics can be e.g. ‘CAF Service Composition’, ‘Remote Persistency’, customer experiences, etc.
The goals and purposes of these CAF Meet-the-expert Sessions are
- Enable the field, consultants & (external) developers to use CAF effectivly
- Discuss & clarify current topics
- share best practices, practical experiences, solutions and workarounds
- Focus on technical CAF applications, questions, solutions
and the structure and organization is like this:
- Frequency every 2 to 3 weeks
- Presentation (slides), practical example, code example (depends on the speaker)
- topic discussion approx. 40 to max. 60 min; adjacent 10 to 15 min Q&A
- WebEx or similar; will be recorded and archived for later availability
You’re kindly invited to take part at these sessions, there will be the possibiliy to ask questions during the session (via chat). Furthermore we will be glad to get ideas from your side about interesting topics, solutions, examples from the Composites that are worth to be discussed on that platform. Please address your proposals to email@example.com. Additionally, the CAF SDN forum is a valuable source for interesenting session topics.
On Friday, Oct 27th, the first session will take place. The contents will be:
- general introduction into the Composite Application Framework and
- modelling, creation and discussion of typical Composite that will be the base for the session series
- this example will be enhanced, adapted and refined during the session series
The next appointments for the following series are already arranged. They will take place on Nov 14th, Nov 30th and Dec 12th. Topics will be the CAF Methodology for PMs, the CAF Service Composition and UI Architecture aspect – each of these topics are presented by the author of the corresponding guide, so you see there is a unique chance to contact the experts straightly. All sessions will be recorded, so you can get them offline. However it’s better to join directly because there is always a possibility to ask questions and discuss with the CAF experts.
Meet the experts and join the 1st Composite Application Framework Meet-the-expert sessions on Friday, Oct 27th, 10 a.m. (European time). I’m looking forward to meet you!