After my SAP XI Quick Launcher Widget with developing widgets, was looking to develop a useful one
and came up with a widget which will show all logged on users in a SAP system.
The widget will list out logged on users along with the client to which they are
logged on and the transaction that they are using. For this first we are going
to develop a small BSP application which will feed the data for this widget.
Let’s get started and create the BSP application.
1. Go to transaction SE80 and create a BSP application (Y_WIDGET_DATA).
2. Create one simple page (users.xml a page with flow logic) and clear all
the contents from the layout section of the page.
3. Enter the following code in the type definition tab of the page
<b>types: userstype type standard table of uinfo . </b>
4. Enter the following page attributes
<b>users TYPE USERSTYPE </b>
<b>xml_out TYPE STRING</b>
5. Enter the following code in the
event of the BSP
+refresh users .
call function ‘THUSRINFO’
usr_tabl = users . +
+call transformation (`ID`)
source output = users
result xml xml_out. +
+call method response->if_http_entity~set_cdata
data = xml_out.+
6. Save and activate the page and application.
7. Test the page by right click and choose test on the page (users.xml). You
should see the xml output in the browser.
To run this you need to
download & install yahoo widget engine.
Check this SAP NetWeaver Administration Gadgets – Getting Started by
Tarun Telang on how to install yahoo widget engine.
How to run this widget.
Once yahoo widget engine is installed, unzip the downloaded