Uploading and Downloading Selection Text Files in BEx Analyzer in SAP NetWeaver 2004s
You may have a little trouble finding this feature, however, as it is a little tricky, and unfortunately there is no documentation available yet. To upload a text file in BEx Analyzer, you mark the selected characteristic in the navigation block, right-mouse click to open the context menu, and select the “Select Filter Value ” option. In the Selection Dialog that is opened, you choose the “More” button to expand entire dialog to display the “Selection” area. Right-mouse click in this area to call up the context menu and select Upload Selections. This will open the File Open Dialog, where you can select the text file to upload for the characteristic.
Initially the “Download Selections” option will be grayed out. Once you have selected values, this option becomes available. In this way, you can make your initial selection manually or edit an existing selection and save the new selection list to a text file for future use. The following is an illustration of the Selection Dialog with the context menu, including both of the text file options:
For more information on selecting values in BEx, see Input Help in BEx in the online documentation.
The ability to upload text files to BEx Web Analyzer is planned for SP/FEP 12.
With Upload Selection feature available in NW04sBex Analyzer, it is not possible to upload any text file if it has repeated values of number or text, Is this a limitation?
This was tested in SP9/FEP 904 and SP9/FEP 1000
Please let me know if any information is available.
Can ypu please let me know if you are aware about any limitation on the "upload selction" functionality.
We are not able to upload any text files with repeated numbers/texts.
I tried this feature but it seems to work if I only have a single value in the text file?
If I upload a text file with more than 1 value, it will come out from the Filter Dialog and nothing happens?
I am using BEx Analyzer Support Package 11, Revision 461.
This appears to be only loading one single value for me too - is there any way of loading multiple values? If not, then this option seems pointless as you can enter one value yourself into the Filter.
Unfortunately, based on the current information in the functional enhancements list, this enhancement has been postponed past 2008, with no definite delivery date at this time.
I am trying to do a 'upload from clipboard' on selection screen variable of Bex Web. However I don't find that option in BI 7.0. Following are the sequence of actions.
1. Create a query using Query Designer 7.0
2. Create a variable with 'select-option' as one of the property of the variable on a characterstic.
3. Execute it on the browser.
4. Once the selection-screen pops-up with the above variable, if I pull down F4 (press the button for more selections), I would expect it to have 'upload from clipboard' button, just like it works for on any other selection-screen of any transaction code in SAP.
5. However, I don't find this option. I read your(old) weblog on 'uploading or downloading text file in Bex Web', wherein you have shown how to upload a text file on query designer restrictions screen.
6. However users are not going to have access to query designer.