Testing ? Stefan did his usual magic on the widget and we were all wrapped up by Monday night. The situation did not leave much time for testing. Before we turned the widget over to a few hundred users, we needed to make sure that it would work well, especially in an environment when users would be in intermittent network coverage. To simulate the conditions, we throttled a set of widgets to poll once every few seconds instead of once per minute and deployed them to as many machines as we could find. The last few tiny issues were resolved and at about 8pm on Monday night, we were ready to go.
Success ! In the end, it all came together. The TechEd IT team was instrumental in making this happen. What we learned here is that when widget projects are kept as simple and streamlined as possible, results can be achieved extremely quickly.