Publishing BW Workbooks into Portal
Publishing BW workbook in portal can be done in two ways.
- Using RRMXP transaction
- Using information broadcasting in portal and publishing into the KM folder
In this blog we will see about how to publish workbooks using RRMXP transaction, for the first option follow these steps:
- Create a new system object with connection properties alone without the user admin, user mapping and WAS properties.In the connection properties set the server port as SAP port ( might be 3200)
- After creating the system object create an SAP Transaction iview for RRMXP transaction pointing towards this system.Create the transaction iview as wingui and not webgui.
- While creating the iview set the application parameter as “WBID = your workbook no”
- When you preview this iview the workbook will be displayed in a new window.
- You can find the BW workbook id from the table RSRWBINDEX Publishing of BW workbooks using Information Broadcasting you need BW 3.5 and EP 6.0
- For information broadcasting – you have to install the precalculation server in the portal server.This is needed for precalculation of the workbook.After installing the precalculation server start the corresponding service.If you execute transaction “RSPRECADMIN” in BW, it shows the status of precalculation server, Whether it is running or not
- After doing this. Assign the BEX role inthe portal to the user.Now from this screen you can broadcast the BW workbook.
For information broadcasting you need BW 3.5.