This BLOG covers the BIM254 session at Teched. To get an overview of the Business Information Management blogs, check out Business Information Management Track at SAP TechEd ’06 We’ll cover the integration of SAP NetWeaver BI and Excel within the BEx Analyzer in this session!
What is covered?
Here are some examples of the types of things you’ll see in our sessions. We’re not going to cover these exact scenarios as we’re aiming to cover lots of different scenarios which haven’t been finalized. These examples will give you an idea of the types of things you’ll see.
- End-user interaction
- Here we’ll discuss the interaction with BEx Analyzer. There is a new template as seen below:
In addition, we’ll talk about the new drag and drop functionality and navigation options as seen in the example below:
- Seamless integration of business intelligence data with Excel formulas and Excel formatting
- BI Data seemlessly integrates with excel formulas now! For example, you can reference BI data using excel formulas as seen in the example below. Keep in mind we’ll go through many examples that show lots of different uses of excel formula integration!
- Designing Excel based SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence applications and dashboards
- One of the coolest things you can do is now build Dashboard type BI Applications using Excel (just like the Web!). Also, you can build highly formatted reports as well as seen below:
Why come to our session?
Katie and I are really fantabulous. Katie is an SAP Product Manager for NetWeaver, and I’m in the NetWeaver RIG. That’s really fancy… But for real, we’re going to cover lots of interesting things you can do with the BEx Analyzer. It’s a 4 hour hands on session so we’ll spend a lot of this class going through exercises and giving you hands on experience.
Some Snazzy things Excel Integration does?
So you’ve seen some fun screenshots, but these are only a sampling of some of the cool applications you can build with Excel integration. You can build very customized dashboard applications, use VBA exits, or Excel formulas. In addition, these applications can be broadcasted or pre-calculated using BEx Broadcasting!!!
So you’ve seen some cool screenshots, but what would be cooler is if you got to play with this stuff on your own. Come with questions, and we may even build some groovy adhoc scenarios to show you. Definitely come check out this session. It will rock! Also, don’t forget to check out Katie’s blog on this session as she owns it and is planning lots of fun stuff. See it here: Get Your Hands On the New BEx Analyzer >> TechEd ’06 Session BIM254: Seamless Integration of SAP NetWeaver BI and Excel with the SAP Business Explorer Analyzer