I decided to give you a list of standard SAP programs that every ABAP developer should know. As you know that as a consultant or a user, you memorize a lot of transaction codes. But some programs don’t have a transaction to run. Those are usually type ‘1’ executable programs. Even it is good to know program name, therefore maybe you may want to look at the source code and get some knowledge about SAP structure and logic behind SAP.
Let me start a few programs. Then I will update this post whenever I get a new program name. Maybe I can write a separate post for some programs, and so I give a link here.
To run these programs, you have to go to SE38 (the ABAP Editor) or SA38 (ABAP:Execute Program) then type program name and hit F8 on the keyboard for foreground running. You would also sometimes need to run these program in background processing.
Standard Programs That Every ABAP Developer Should Know
- RCSBI010 (Create BOMs using Batch Input) Standard Batch Input program for creating/updating BOM (Bill of material)
- RFBIBL00 (Batch Input Documents) Standard Batch Input input program for creating/updating Financial Documents
- RMDATIND (Transfer Material Master Data by Direct Input) Standard Direct Input program for creating/updating Material Master Data
- RSBDCREO (Batch Input: Reorganize Sessions and Logs) – reorganizes the batch input log file.
- RSBDCSUB (Batch Input: Process All Sessions) – schedules batch input sessions for immediate execution in the background processing system.
- RSBPCOLL (CCMS: Collector for Background Job Run-time Statistics)
- RSBPSTDE (Delete Statistics Data from the Job Run-time Statistics)
- RSBTCDEL (Delete batch jobs)
- RSCOLL00 (Main program: Performance monitor (RFC) collector run)
- RSDBTIME (Time diagnosis)
- RSM13002 (Update request analysis and processing tool)
- RSPARAM – shows which parameters are active for a particular SAP instance.
- RSPO0041 (Delete Old Spool Requests)
- RSSNAPDL (Reorganization Program for Table SNAP of Short Dumps)
- RSTRANSP (Select Report and Variants for Transport)
- RSTXLDMC (Upload TIFF files to SAPscript texts)
- RSTXSCRP (SAPscript Export to Dataset / SAPscript Import from Dataset)