What is RICEF? This is not an interview question!
You can see RICEF acronym, when you look at the most SAP ABAP Developer job position descriptions; and you can sometimes encounter RICE version of it. So what does RICEF stand for?
Firstly let’s look at some SAP job posting examples:
- Able to scope, review, and create SD RICEF…
- MM RICEF Functional Spec Exp…
- Must have experience supervising a team and writing RICEF…
- Must be very proficient in all aspects of RICEF developments…
- Interact with business users to analyze the requirements and technical desings of the RICEF objects…
- Develops functional specifications for RICEF technical objects affecting respective business processes…
RICEF is not a standard SAP acronym! Is there anyone knows who made RICEF acronym firstly?
All right, RICEF stands for Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms.
R – Reports
R refers report programming. Of course, firstly classical report programming, WRITE statement; then it means ALV programming with either ALV function modules or ABAP objects.
I – Interfaces
Interfaces are ALE / IDOC developments. Not only development, ABAP programming for IDOCs, also IDOC customization, management. I think it might refers EDI too.
C – Conversion
I think conversions means BDC programming, batch input function modules, BDCDATA structure, CALL TRANSACTION. Maybe conversion specifically refers conversion programs for standard batch input programs. Even we can say it refers LSMW.
E – Enhancements
Enhancements are user-exits and the object oriented model of user-exits that is BADIs.
F – Forms
Forms are SAPscript forms, SAPscript print programs, and SmartForms.