Enterprise Reporting, Query & Analysis
Enterprise Reporting, Query, & Analysis comprises all ways that end-users interact with BI data based on SAP NetWeaver.
We basically see two major use cases in this area.
1) The classic BI Suite, which provides intuitive ways for business users to:
– perform Web-based ad hoc analysis on multiple data sources
– interact with easy-to-use Web-based user interfaces in the form of dashboards, Web and planning applications, and so on
– work with highly formatted Web- or PDF-based Enterprise Reports
– leverage BI data using a completely seamless MS Excel integration
To facilitate this, we provide a state-of-the art BI Suite named SAP NetWeaver Business Explorer Suite (BEx).
an integrated and state-of-the art modeling environment for:
– all types of queries, reports, and analytics
– business users and IT departments
– BI data and external data
a best-of breed web-based user experience:
– high visual appeal and usability
– high performance use of the BI accelerator
– mass distribution mechanisms
seamless integration into:
– portals and Intranets
– Knowledge Management and Collaboration
– MS Excel
2) The second use case is best described with the term Embedded BI. Being well established in the area of strategic and tactical decision making, Business Intelligence has evolved into incorporate decision support for operational business processes.
BI is now embedded into operational processes and systems (for example, SAP xApps).
With embedded BI, the availability of BI data is extended to larger user communities that have not been previously exposed to BI and have no experience in using BI.
With the integration of SAP NetWeaver BI into Visual Composer we provide:
– integrated transactional and analytical context
– a holistic view on business information in a given context
– a service-based infrastructure to embed BI data into applications