Skip to Content

Recently we upgraded our SAP J2EE development landscape from SP 12 to SP 16. It was a quite interesting and a challenging project which we completed in 3 days time (Development, Quality Assurance, Support and Production)!!!

In this blog, I am going to share some of the Lessons learned from an Application perspective.

With just a day to go before production upgrade we heard a panicky user complaining that a custom developed webdynpro application is not working.

We found two issues which can happen to anyone upgrading their application server to any version above SP 12.

Issue 1:

For printing the form in the screen JavaScript command print was being used as shown in diagram. This print functionality stopped working in SP 16

image

On investigation we found that while using a link element you cannot use JavaScript commands anymore. SAP is introducing this as a security measure from SP 13. Every URL generated is checked for malicious code.

To Fix this problem, make JavaScript a trusted protocol by changing your configuration!!!

Best practice for printing is to let the user use the browser menu for printing the screens.

Issue 2:

For accessing the Webdynpro from an SAP R/3 workflow, an URL for the webdynpro was generated and stored in a custom table. With SP 13 the URL generator will not generate absolute URL for webdynpro applications rather it will be a relative URL (like ../../../webdynpro/dispatcher/xyz.com/abc~hr~phone~bill/PhoneBillApp)…

Fix to this problem is to find an alternate way to find the absolute url for the webdynpro.

The following oss note is useful for any one planning an upgrade of the application server to SP 13 and above.

  • 864842 – InvalidUrlRuntimeException (Web Dynpro)
To report this post you need to login first.

Be the first to leave a comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply