This trick is also valid if you dont want to make full changes as described at: SAP Help Portal but want to customize your logon page.
First of all, change the images:
The images on the logon screen are hosted in the web server area for your WebAS 6.40, you can change it in two ways:
– Connect to to server where the Portal WebAS is running and go to:
There you will find the images used on logon screen, you can replace them for your company images, please take care with the width of the images, as usual, to make this change effective, you must restart the whole WebAS.
Note: each time you upgrade the WebAS (install a new SPS) these images willbe overwritten, so take it into account in order to replace it again after upgrade.
– Go to “Global Configuration” -> Server -> Services -> UME Provider
– look for following properties: ume.logon.branding_image and ume.logon.branding_text
– Change the image location for the desired one, but be sure the new images are present on a web server location over the WebAS
Now let’s change the browser title:
– Follow this path: System Administration -> System Configuration -> Service Configuration -> Portal Runtime
– On the Portal Runtime folder you will find the Central Configuration object , please double click on it, then look into the Property Editor for property “portal.html.head.title” and change the value to the desired one
– Then SAVE the changes by pressing the Save button in the Property Editor page (bottom)
To make this change effective you also must restart the entire WebAS.
I hope you find this useful