The benefits of using SAP Solution Manager in your NetWeaver infrastructure.
Brief description of characteristics and opportunities:
Solutions Monitoring: It allows real time monitoring of systems, business processes, interfaces and even system interdependencies, reducing the administration efforts. Proactive monitoring helps you prevent critical situations, while automatic notifications allow you to respond rapidly. NetWeaver Implementations: Using Solution Manager in the configuration of information and process orientation, configuration and final preparation will accelerate the system implementations. Solution Manager allows the efficient administration of projects and centralized control of cross-components. Synchronization of customized preferences: Solution Manager will allow you to keep a consistent IT environment. This solution favors the administration of the parameters you are willing to customize. Therefore, the expense of unnecessary inconsistency test and even the risk of making mistakes are not faced. Solution Manager reduces the manual synchronization efforts automatically distributing its preferences to multiple systems, in a simultaneous and centralized fashion. Testing: It provides a single access point to the system and it allows centralized storage of materials and results of each test, which will be useful as support of other test processes in the future. IT and applications support: The Support Desk included in Solution Manager helps you handle incidents more efficiently, and it also favors the support cost estimation. The support messages centralized administration makes all the organization much more efficient. Global Development: The homogenous methodology and functionality of this tool helps the standardization and harmonization of processes in global companies or with multiple sites or branches. Thus, the implementation in each site will be simple because the total configuration of facilities in each one will not be necessary. Service Level Reporting and Management: This solution favors the simple definition of service levels and provides automatic reports. The information regarding the service level comprehends all the solution systems and provides a consolidated report that contains all the information that you need to make strategic decisions in the IT environment of your company. Service Recommendations: Solution Manager puts forward adequate recommendations about additional support services needed to obtain the highest performance of your IT operations.
Here are five key benefits:
- Trustworthy IT solutions:
- Minimizing the risk during configuration and operation.
- Implementation and improvement cost reduction:
- The tools that make up this solution make your projects more efficient.
- Fast ROI:
- Accelerating the implementation and continuous IT infrastructure, improving the business.
- Lower operating costs:
- Through a unique administration point for multiple component environments.
- More from your investments:
- As it is an open solution it integrates to environments of applications SAP® and non SAP®. The above shown descriptions indicate basically how Solution Manager can help you (in your work). Nowadays, several companies make the following questions before implementing this powerful tool: 1. Why should I need to implement Solution Manager in my landscape? 2. Can I wait until next release upgrade of the R3 system, ie: ECC 500? 3. Should I wait for the next Solution Manager release version or can I implement the current version? 4. Will this tool increase my administrative efforts since I need to maintain an additional SAP instance? 5. Is there any additional fee associated with Solution Manager? These are the 5 top questions that currently every customer asks me when they come to evaluate the possibility of implementing a Solution Manager in their SAP landscape or they ask me if they should wait. The answer to these questions is that you will be benefited as soon as you implement a Solution Manager without having to wait for the next Solution Manager release or your next R3 release upgrade. Moreover, in order to avoid unnecessary delays with the implementation or upgrade of your current NetWeaver components, I suggest starting the Solution Manager implementation planning beforehand. Take enough time to learn the key functionalities of this tool, and then put them into practice to enhance your new project. Solution Manager is included into your maintenance contract so there will be nothing that can stop you from immediately implementing a Solution Manager. Those companies that have already implemented a Solution Manager understand that it is unnecessary to have a resource completely assigned to the administration of Solution Manager itself; it is just a matter of having the proper hardware sizing and a correct installation; then we can assure Solution Manager is self-administered. Those smart customers who have been using Solution Manager for many years are happy to know that for the next release upgrade and/or implementation, Solution Manager will be a key part of the project; and not only from the implementation point of view, but also from business processing, change management, monitoring and alerting perspective.
Related Solution Manager configuration guides on SDN