Please Note: This blog provides links to information in SAP Service Marketplace, which requires that you log in there. If you need to register for a Service Marketplace login, or have forgotten your password, try the useful FAQ. If you already have a Service Marketplace login and would like to associate it with your SDN login, then we can help you right here.
NetWeaver 2004s Documentation Accessible from One Place
In SAP NetWeaver PM, all of us info developers make a tremendous effort to get all the knowledge from software development to the field, and we want you to benefit by it. There are so many things to cover and so many SAP information centers for the various documentation types we develop. We have the reference documentation on the Help portal, the installation and implementation documentation on SAP Service Marketplace, developer-related documentation on SDN, just to list a few. We offer other types of documents, such as the How-To guides and best practices.
How will I find it all?
To make it easy to find it all, we created a documentation center. It is a really cool page that helps you find all the documentation from a central point of access.
From this documentation center, you can access all the documents we offer. Just remember this catchy SAP Service Marketplace alias, “NW2004sdoc”, and find all the information about SAP NetWeaver 2004s.
What will I find on the page?
Find information that is of interest to everyone dealing with SAP NetWeaver 2004s:
- IT scenarios at a Glance – IT Scenarios are the various capabilities enabled by SAP NetWeaver platform. Find overview information about each of the IT scenarios, variants and processes.
- Release Notes – When a new SP Stack is available, this is the place to go to find out what’s changed and what’s new.
If you are a system administrator, who maintains and monitors SAP systems, and carries out regular administrative tasks, the following guides are for you:
- Security Guide – Find the steps you can take to make your SAP NetWeaver implementation as secure as possible.
- Technical Operations Manual – Comprehensive explanations of the activities that the SAP NetWeaver system administrator performs regularly is available in this guide.
- Find more guides on NW 2004s operations in the Operations folder.
- To keep your SAP NetWeaver installation up-to-date, use the SP-Stack Guides in the Maintenance folder.
If you are an SAP NetWeaver developer, you may want to check out the SAP NetWeaver Developer’s Guide.
If you are a Power User with in-depth knowledge of the application and are a point of reference and assistance for all users, the Power User’s Guide will definitely come in handy.
If you are a Technology Consultant, find everything you need for a full installation, for an upgrade from a previous version, and for the maintenance and operations of the SAP NetWeaver system, in the Installation and Implementation info center at: http://service.sap.com/instguidesNW2004s.
Supplementary information for all SAP NetWeaver documentation users is also accessible from the documentation center. Examples are:
- Getting Started The information that will get you going with using SAP systems.
- How-To Guides Official guides provided by SAP Consulting, RIG (Regional Implementation Group) or Product Management that share relevant, important, and up-to-date information about such topics as technical infrastructure, performance issues, and hardware requirements.
Please note: How-to Guides contain information based on the experience gained and the feedback provided by people in the field. As such, this area of documentation can only be expanded gradually, during the product life cycle. As more implementations are completed, the store of knowledge will grow, and additional guides will appear.
- Best Practices A toolset that helps IT and functional project team members to quickly deploy functionality in SAP solutions – from SAP NetWeaver, to core SAP applications.
- Ramp-up Knowledge Transfer SAP NetWeaver 2004s Ramp-Up Knowledge Transfer (RKT) Learning Maps and workshops.
- SAP Notes Find the central SAP notes for SAP NetWeaver 2004s sorted by category.
Right here, on SDN: More information for all SAP NetWeaver users is available, of course, right here on SDN. Try the SAP NetWeaver page to find information relevant to your implementation.