Updated: the Java project has been uploaded in sdn.sap.com.
Here is the Java version of the weblog Simple ABAP Benchmark
As an SAP Technical consultant I’m often involved in tuning projects.
After logging into an SAP system I’m curious to know if the system is basically a powerful one or not.
It is often useful to compare DEV with QAS with PRD systems and also the different application servers of the PRD system.
I decided to share a Java Web Dynpro project.
I try to measure:
- the CPU looking for primes with a very simple logic
- the disk speed writing 100MB 10 times in the work directory
- the RDBMS writing a small record into a table
- the RAM allocating a huge internal table and than scanning it sequentially
I do not try to measure:
- CPU numbers
- Application numbers
- Buffer quality
The Web Dynpro Java projects (Dictionary / Web Dynpro) can be downloaded here http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/10e2c653-f32a-2a10-77ac-c4722746b6d8
Few results follow:
- CPU highest prime: 20.935
- File system – MB : 2.060
- RDBMS – records : 16.900
- RAM – scans : 13.193
- CPU highest prime: 24.689
- File system – MB : 370
- RDBMS – records : 4.300
- RAM – scans : 5.178