So what is this SDN POINTS BLOW OUT!!, well it’s simple, it’s a holiday season (not everywhere in the world) but it is for me and sicne I grew up being taught it’s better to give than to receive I decided well let’s do that now on SDN!
Now the contest is simple AND not so simple. Here are the rules:
- Eligble: ALL SDNers expect the SDN Team itself.
- Deadline: December 31, 2005 at 23:59 Pacific Standard Time (California Time).
- Submissions: Emails to Craig Cmehil or weblogs here on SDN
So what do you submit and what do you win? Well first let me tell you how the points work.
- All “qualified” Submissions = 100 Points (this means you sumitted something that actually works)
- Weblog = 40 to 120 Points
- Technical Article = 120 Points
- How To/Tutorial = 200 Points
- SDN TV Submission = 300 Points
The winner will recieve a 128 MB USB/MP3 Stick and an additional 100 Points.
So for example, John submits a How To guide per email to Craig Cmehil and he happens to also win. He now has 100 + 200 + 100 + USB/MP3 Stick. How is that for an SDN POINTS BLOW OUT!!
Now of course the reason the points are so high is because you don’t have a lot of time, in fact time is counting down already!
OK, so what is it you have to do? Well using either ABAP, ABAP/BSP, EP/KM or PHP you have to create a small application using the technology Eddy has shared with us., The application should store the data and retreive the data in SAP, the data drawn onto the canvas. The more elaborate the application the better your chances of winning are, even better if you can create an application that allows more than one person to work at the same time!
Quite a few people have asked me how they are going to draw on the canvas and save it, now I didn’t exactly saw it was the “whiteboard” drawing you have to say. Check out the links Eddy gave and see some of the examples!