1.) Meanwhile, Support Package 03 for SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management (MDM) 5.5 has been released for Windows, Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit, Linux on PowerPC, and Solaris. Customers can download it from the SAP Software Distribution Center.
2.) I have posted a SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5 – Updated documentation in the discussion forum.
3.) A recorded expert session about the new features and process impovements that come with MDM 5.5 Support Package 03 has been included in the MDM Webinar series at SDN.
To view the session, the free Webex Player must be installed. Then, download the session and save the file to your local PC from where you can play the file. When saving the file, add the extension .wrf to the file name. (Tip: You might have to open the Webex player first and start the downloaded session from there).
In this recorded session, MDM product experts Ulla Schmidt-Koecher, Michael Reil, and Andreas Seifried explain new and enhanced features and process impovements in the context of IT scenarios and business scenarios.
IT-scenario-relevant features include, for example:
- MDM Import Server and Syndication Server for fully automated data import and export
- Enhanced BI-Integration
- Data maintenance using the Enterprise Portal
- Inclusion of Matrix Product to cover retail articles
Business-scenario-related enhancements include, for example:
- Open Catalog Interface (OCI) to expose an MDM product repository to external applications such as SAP SRM (for use within rich product-content management)
- Extended print catalog publishing capabilities through the new MDM Publisher component (rich product-content management)
- Multilingual support (global data synchronization)
- Architectural shift (global data synchronization)
Enjoy the session,
Don’t miss the Webinars about Master Data Management featured at SAP.com. For more information, see the SAP.com Online Events page.