As of November 22, 2005, the Windows version of Support Package 03 for SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5 has been available for customers through the SAP Software Distribution Center. With effect from December 13, 2005, the availability has been extended to Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit, Linux on PowerPC, and Solaris.
In addition to improvements in the areas of IT operation and IT administration, Support Package 03 focuses on process improvements in the context of the MDM IT scenarios and business scenarios.
IT-scenario-related enhancements include, for example:
- Data maintenance using the Enterprise Portal
- MDM Import Server and Syndication Server for fully automated data import and export
- Improved import of hierarchies
- Inclusion of Matrix Product as new master data object for use within master-data consolidation, master-data harmonization, or central master-data management
- Enhanced BI-Integration
Business-scenario-related enhancements include, for example:
- Open Catalog Interface (OCI) to expose an MDM product repository as an OCI-compliant product catalog to external applications such as SAP SRM
- Extended print catalog publishing capabilities through the new MDM Publisher component
- Multilingual support for Global Data Synchronization
For a complete overview of the new features and process improvements, see the Release Notes at service.sap.com.