Mike Perroni ASUG President and his Management Team is visiting SAP Labs this week. They did a little presentation today for all. Here are my notes.
American SAP User Group is as far as I know the largest independent SAP user group:
- 1,250 ASUG Installation Members (SAP Americas’ customers)
- 160 Associate Members (SAP Partners)
- More than 45,000 individual members
They presented the ASUG Influence Models:
- Year-Round: 3700+ individuals registered for 67 Influence Council Teleconferences
- Annual Conference: 640 Individuals (representing 300 companies) participated in 47 Influence Council Sessions/Updates
- CIO/CTO met three times in 2005 – next meeting scheduled for Feb ’06
- EAM & Enterprise Architects are also active
- 366 Usability Sessions Took Place at the 2005 ASUG Annual Conference
ASUG Annual Conference meeting and Sapphire will be a
joined collocated event next year in Orlando May 16-18. Vendor floor will be joined, and there will be one day overlap in the agenda. It has some great advantages, less travel and expenses for many people. Executives that are going to Sapphire and the individuals from the companies that are going to the ASUG meeting can exchange their experiences on that combined day.
We did a joined event with the ASUG Technical Track at SAP TechEd in Boston this year. The brief feedback was, that the ASUG sessions had a lot of traffic and were well received, but that the ASUG branding could have been improved. I agree that it could have been a bit more prominent that it was a joined event. Also ASUG realized that most people come to SAP TechEd for the hands on sessions and are not as interested in influencing the future development of SAP. Which I think is unfortunate. Well, there always is next year.