The sender initiates a synchronous call (by sending User Details (Username, password) to XI and the Response Details (role) are fetched from DB and sent back to the requesting application.
Sequence of steps
- For the Request message, create the required Data type, Message Type.
- The Response message is unknown, so create a Dummy Data type and a message type.
- Design Message Mappings– Request message mapping and Dummy Response message mapping.
- Design Outbound Message Interface.
- Design Inbound Message Interface. Notice that the dummy message type has been specified in Inbound Message Interface
- Design Interface Mappings.
- Run the scenario by sending a request to XI Server.
- In SXMB_MONI, you will find that the response message mapping has failed.
- Copy the XML message and build your Data type, message type and Messgae Interface accordingly. Replace the Dummy message with hte newly created message type
- Now change the Message mappings and test your scenario again.
You should now be able to perform a synchronous call to an external system which has an undocumented response message format.