As a follow-up to my SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5 Support Package 02 on the Way on the availability of MDM 5.5 SP 02 from Aug. 17, 2005, I’d like to announce the availability of new Webinar information about SAP MDM 5.5 SP02 on SDN.
First, a presentation by Ulla Schmidt-Koecher details the individual SP02 enhancements covered in my previous blog. Specifically, it covers the following topics:
– Enterprise Portal enablement (e.g., MDM iView library)
– Improved communication with SAP R/3 (e.g., bulk extraction, port concept)
– Enabling BI-Reporting (e.g., consolidation of BI master data)
– Data Management Workflow (e.g., workflow designer, integrated data management workflow engine)
– Extended Platform Support (e.g., 64 bit Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX)
– Extended Language Support (Japanese)
– Enhanced Data Manager Functionality (e.g., embedded browser)
– Enhancements in Global Data Synchronization (Transora support)
You can access the PDF presentation directly in SDN.
Next, I would like to announce an expert session about Java APIs in MDM 5.5 SP02 that was recorded last week. It was presented by MDM expert Andreas Seifried. The session provides an overview of Java APIs, how they are used, as well as some new functions that we’ve implemented with SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5 SP02.
To view the session, you will first need to download the free Webex Player. Then, download the session and save the file to your local PC from where you can play the file. Tip: you might have to open the Webex player first and start the downloaded session from there.
We have also made the PDF presentation from the expert session available to download directly in SDN. (This is a pure PDF presentation without animation.)
I hope the information in the webinars and corresponding presentations will give you a clear picture of some new features of SAP MDM 5.5 SP02.