Install your own Portal in the ‘Bring Your Own Box’ Portal Party at SAP TechEd ’05 Boston and compete for iPod nanos sponsored by Intel!
What is a ‘BYOB’ Portal Party? At SAP TechEd ’05 Boston that means bring a box, install the Portal & have fun!
At SAP TechEd ’05 Boston this year, SDN is hosting a BYOB party, where participants can “Bring your own Box“, (either a laptop or desktop) and using the latest tools and accelerators from SAP, our team of portal experts will help you install the SAP NetWeaver Portal in less than one day – and have fun while we’re at it.
You bring the box, SDN and Intel will bring the pizza, beverages and prizes for a night of fun. And, the box you bring home is a working prototype that you can connect to your own systems. This workshop features learning in a non-traditional and innovative approach – complete with prizes and many categories such as: Fastest installation, fewest bugs encountered, first team to create an R/3 iView and more!
If you’ll be at SAP TechEd ’05 Boston, what are you waiting for? Space is limited to first-come/first-serve qualified participants, so round up a box and sign up now!
When & Where & Special Notes:
When: Wednesday, September 28th from 5:00 PM until 12:00 AM (midnight)
Where: SAP TechEd ’05 – Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
Note on transportation: Participants are on their own for return transportation. Shuttle service will not be provided.
What’s in it for you?
- Valuable prizes and memorabilia sponsored by Intel with Intel inside, such as , iPod Nanos and other cool prizes too!
- Bragging rights – Winners of the SDN categories will be highlighted in SDN with their awards, AND each winning team member will receive 100 SDN Points
- A working portal prototype to bring home and bring to the next step such as – hook up into your own SAP Landscape to try out more tools such as the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer and connect to your SAP development or sandbox landscape
- A better understanding of the installation process for SAP NetWeaver
- Great new contacts both at SAP and at other companies.
Requirements to participate:
If you would like to participate in this event, please note the following prerequisites:
- Attendance at SAP TechEd ’05 Boston
- You must be the employee of an SAP Customer or Partner that is licensed to use SAP Enterprise Portal
- Each company may send 1 box with up to 2 team members with the possibility of expanding up to 4 team members, space permitting.
- You must bring your own box with:
5. Order the SAP NetWeaver Rapid Installer V2.5 (we’ll provide instructions to confirmed participants!)
How to sign up:
- If you meet the above requirements, you can sign your company up by:
- Eligibility to participate will be reviewed and confirmed by SAP. Once pre-registered and confirmed, pick up your wrist band at the Info Counter in the SDN Clubhouse, Grand Ballroom Foyer, level 3.
- If you have any problems, please email Marian Maravilla at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation within 2 days.