1. Make sure Internet Communication Manager (ICM) is up and running. By default when you start the SAP system your ICM is also started. You can check the same from transaction SMICM.
2. Make sure Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) is set up in the server . Check Running your first BSP application in SAP NetWeaver 04 ABAP Edition – NSP for set up procedure.
3. Like in standalone ITS system where you will publish your ITS services from R/3 to the ITS server, in the Integrated ITS server scenario, we need to publish the service to a site called INTERNAL.
- First set “INTERNAL” as the publishing site. To do this Go to SE80->utilities->settings->Internet Transaction Server->Publish. choose the On Selected Site radio button and in the field Plnt choose “INTERNAL” from the drop down and hit enter.
- Now we are ready to publish the standard service. We need to publish “SYSTEM” and “SHUFFLER” before we can use integrated ITS. In transaction SE80 from the drop down box you see on the left side pane, choose Internet Service. Enter SYSTEM in the input field and click display. You will see the ITS service SYSTEM and its components in a tree structure. Right click on “SYSTEM” in the tree and click Publish->Complete Service to publish the service. Once the publishing is completed the system will issue a message “Object published successfully; site INTERNAL” . Follow the same procedure to publish internet service “SHUFFLER” also. In our first test case we will be using the standard delivered ITS application WEBGUI, so publish this service also as described above.
4. Unlike in the standalone ITS, in Integrated ITS we also need to create & activate another service in transaction SICF. First let us look at the standard WEBGUI application. In transaction SICF, Right click on default_host and click activate to activate the entire tree. (click on the yes button with tree icon). Now we are ready to run the first ITS WebGUI application.
5. To run WEBGUI ITS service , go to transaction SICF (testing can be done from SE80 also) and Expand the tree to the following path default_host->sap->bc->gui->sap->its->WEBGUI. Right click on WEBGUI and click Test Service.
This would open up the web browser with log on pop up, authenticate using sap user id and password. You should now see the SAP GUI for HTML in the browser.
6. In the previous steps we have seen how to set up Integrated ITS and run the standard application WEBGUI. Let us now create a small application to web enable transaction SU01. (This example is to show you, how to create a custom WEBGUI application. To just to call SU01 we can simply call http://:xxx.xx.com/sap/bc/pgui/sap/its/webgui/~transaction=SU01. This create step is shown so that it will help in creating complex applications.) Go to transaction SE80 and choose Internet Service from the drop down. Enter ‘YSU01’ in the input field and hit enter. You will get a pop like in the picture below.
Click Yes to create to get to the screen shown below.
Choose Screen-Based Application and enter SU01 in the Transaction code Field. Save the internet service. Now double click on the service name (YSU01). This would show the attributes and parameters on the right side pane. Go to the parameters tab, where you will see ~transaction parameter already populated. Add one more parameter “~GENERATEDYNPRO = 1” .
Save & Publish the service.
We now need to create this service in transaction SICF as well. Go to SICF and right click on ITS (default_host->sap->bc->gui->sap->its) and click New Sub-Element to create a new service. Enter YSU01 as service name and choose Independent Service radio button.
Click enter to get in to the ITS service (YSU01) properties page.
Enter Y in GUI Link field and click setting.
Enter the above shown parameters and click enter.
We also need to set the handler class for this service. To do this, go the Handler List tab and enter “CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS” in the first row.
Save the service and activate it.
Now to test the service, right click on YSU01 and choose Test Service. The browser would start and after authentication you should see transaction SU01.