SAP Netweaver Developer Cockpit NW04 SP12 (PDK 60.12.0) consists of information and examples for creating Java based portal components using SAP Enterprise Portal APIs. It’s really a very good collection of examples and resources which could be installed alltogether and at once.
Prerequisites for installation:
The installation of this New SAP NetWeaver Developer Cockpit requires SAP Enterprise Portal and SAP NetWeaver Developer studio containing the corresponding SAP Enterprise Portal plugin.You would also need authorizations for deployment in Software Deployment Manager (SDM) and Content Manager role in SAP Enterprise Portal.
Before proceeding for the installation you must have downloaded and extracted the “NetweaverDeveloperCockpit_NW04SP12.rar” from http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/ into your local machine.
1. Start the SDM tool by executing the batch file “sdm_remotegui.bat” from the location “C:usrsapShortcuts”.
2. Click on “Connect to SDM Server” button from the toolbar of SDM GUI:
3. Enter the SDM password and click “Login”:
4. Click on the “Deployment” tab after you are logged into SDM.
5. Click on “Add SCA/SDA to Deployment list” button in the toolbar.
6. Choose “pdkcontent184.108.40.206.sca” file for deployment from the folder into which you extracted the .rar file.
7. Expand to see the archives contained within the SCA file and click “Next” to go to next step
8. In the “Repository Preview” on the right side expand “pdk-content” to view the archives that will be deployed. Click “Next” to move to next step.
9. Click “Start” to start the deployment.
10. Click “Confirm” when all the Deployment activities are over to finish the Deployment.
11. Now you can Disconnect and Exit from the SDM GUI tool. Also you can check the Business Objects in the Portal Content Studio.
12. After login to the portal with user having the Content Manager Role. Go to Content Management -> Content Exchange -> Package upload.
13. Upload the DevelopmentContent.zip archive. This archive is also part of the .rar file and contains the ICE (Information anc Context Exchange) contents.
This completes the installation of the New SAP Netweaver Developer Cockpit. As you might have noticed the installation is very easy and simple to perform. In case you have MaxDB as database, JDBC drivers needs to be installed separetly. For further details you should refer “NetWeaverDeveloperCockpit-Installation.pdf”.