Since November 1996, the European Committee for Banking Standards (ECBS) developed a new standard, intended for cross-border banking transactions. SAP developed its modifications in order to adapt their products to this new requirement. This blog pretends to be a collector of all the steps that must be performed in order to have your system customized for the IBAN functionality. So I ask for your cooperation, folks!
Important: I’m working with SAP R/3 4.6C, so the following applies only to this release and further.
What is IBAN?
I strongly recommend you this brief explanation by ECBS about what IBAN is and how it’s implemented. Of course you don’t have to learn by heart every single step of the IBAN calculation and validation, but you may take this document as a functional/technical explanation of what function modules CHECK_IBAN, CONVERT_BANK_ACCOUNT_2_IBAN* and CONVERT_IBAN_2_BANK_ACCOUNT* actually do.
Let’s go to work!
These are the notes I’ve collected till now:
- 392091 – IBAN: Use for vendors and customers
- 491546 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN
- 489372 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN for Italy
- 497570 – IBAN: generation of bank data from IBAN for Switzerland
- 503182 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN for Spain
- 525594 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN for Finland
- 578514 – IBAN: IBAN generation for Luxembourg
- 607491 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN for Netherlands
- 619889 – IBAN: Generation of IBAN for Great Britain
- 620181 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN for Denmark
- 656511 – IBAN: Generating the IBAN for Portugal
- 659842 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN for Ireland
- 725213 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN for Norway
- 727169 – IBAN: Generation of the IBAN for Hungary
- 748352 – IBAN for Hungary – additional information
- 795683 – IBAN generation: Country package 1
- Czech Republic
- 459267 – IBAN: Incorrect IBANs generated
- 695118 – IBAN is not updated from MM or SD. Pre-requisites:
- 629668 – MIRO: Incorrect bank key with one-time vendors. Pre-requisites:
- 743172 – IBAN generation for Poland
- 852216 – IBAN not changed after you change the account number
- 722714 – No bank data generated from IBAN
- 671381 – IBAN: Incorrect display of change documents
- …any more?
- And of course search your SAP Support Portal with string “IBAN”
Unfortunately, for a number of countries, SAP does not provide a standard functionality in order to generate the IBAN, nor to generate the national bank account. We have developed some customer-made function modules to convert from IBAN code to national bank account. These are:
- AD – Andorra
- BG – Bulgaria new!
- CS – Serbia and Montenegro
- GI – Gibraltar
- LI – Liechtenstein
- MK – Macedonia, FYR
- MT – Malta
- SE – Sweden
- TN – Tunisia
- TR – Turkey
Any help/correction/comment on these function modules will be greatly appreciated and (why not!) rewarded with a coffee at our central offices at Barcelona .
Last (but not least) words
Well, after all this list of countries (which could remind you of the Eurovision Song Contest) and notes and corrections, I only want to wish you “Good luck!”. And please, any information you get about the IBAN issue, please reply to this blog and I’ll update it ASAP.