If you have, take a survey…
If you have used the SAP NetWeaver Rapid Installer in any way, shape or form, the SAP NetWeaver Rapid Installer Development Team would like to hear from you. Click here to fill out a short, six question survey about your impressions. The SAP NetWeaver Rapid Installer is a new tool and customer feedback is invaluable in early stages of software development. Now is a chance to influence the development process; this information will be taken into consideration in future versions of SAP NetWeaver Rapid Installer in order to provide you with an implementation tool that will fulfill even more of your requirements to your greatest satisfaction.
If you haven’t, learn a little bit more…
Imagine a one-click installation of NetWeaver. The SAP NetWeaver Rapid Installer was born out of that idea. SAP NetWeaver offers a lot of opportunities and advantages, but for the folks that have to install it and get it running, it’s pretty complex – up to 8 different installers! The SAP NetWeaver Rapid Installer is one of the first steps to a simpler process. In the latest version, it allows you to quickly install and deploy the SAP NetWeaver components SAP NetWeaver Portal, Knowledge Management, Collaboration and SAP NetWeaver Application Server 6.40 (Java). Just start up a wizard, go through about 10 steps or so and after a few hours you have a Portal with pre-configuration complete!!!
Let’s take a look at what the version 2.1 installs…
Installation of the following components (based on NetWeaver 04, SP10):
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server (Java) 6.40
- SAP NetWeaver Portal
- Knowledge Management (including TREX)
Installation of Business Packages:
- ESS and MSS Scenarios (Business Package for Employee Self-Service (mySAP ERP 2004) 60.1, Business Package for Manager Self-Service (mySAP ERP 2004) 60.1, Business Package for Manager Self-Service 60.1.4 (2.1 only), Business Package for Manager Self-Service (SAP XSS) (2.1 only))
- Business packages with business scenarios for mySAP CRM (Business Package for SAP CRM 4.0 60.2.2, Business Package for mySAP CRM – Business Productivity Pack 60.1.1, Business Package for mySAP CRM – Business Productivity Pack SAP R/3 Integration 60.1)
Installation of a system landscape directory (SLD) in case you want the Rapid Installer to install a new SLD.
Installation of CCMS agents to enable monitoring.
- the Portal system landscape by creating backend connectivity to ERP, CRM, BW and CCMS backend systems
- user store for User Management Engine
And, like I said, it’s pre-configured and ready to go with a minimum of post-installation activities once the installation is complete (about 2 hours for a typical installation). And it’s not just a toy to play with, systems installed with the SAP NetWeaver Rapid Installer are just like any other system and may be further configured, upgraded and so on. In future releases, even more scenarios are being added to the tool.
Pretty cool, huh?