If you are using the alert framework in any SAP system, it is easy to integrate the alerts into Universal Worklist. This means alerts from BI, XI, ERP, R/3 can all be delivered to the same location where you get your workflow items, Collaboration Tasks, and KM notfications – no more looking in multiple inboxes!
Come join us as we step through how you configure alerts for Universal Worklist. Then we will walk through raising a test alert. The end result will be a test alert that appears in UWL.
Basic setup to test an alert going to UWL
Steps done in UWL
- Register the system in UWL and select Alert Connector
- Register work item types
Steps done in the alert framework
- In transaction code ALRTCATDEF, create a new category.
- Add yourself as a fixed recipient for the alert.
- Run program RSALERTTEST to raise your alert.
Detailed steps on adding the alert system to UWL
1. Select System Administration – System Configuration- Knowledge Management – Universal Worklist and selectUWL System Configuration .
2. Select New and for the connect be SURE to select AlertConnector.
NOTE: The system alias MUST MATCH the system alias from the system definition.
3. Register your systems – that’s it!
At this point, if you have alerts that are in peoples alert inboxes, they will appear in UWL. If you have done this step but do not have alerts already, use the following steps to quickly create a test alert.
1. In your central alert system go to transaction code ALRTCATDEF.
2. Select the Long and Short Text tab to add text for your alert.
3.To define activities that should happen due to the alert, select the Optional Subsequent Activities tab. The activities must be provided via a URL. For our test, we will enter a company URL.
4. Add a recipient to receive the alert. For our test, we will add a Fixed Recipient so that the test goes to us.
5. Go to transaction code SA38 and execute program RSALERTTEST. Enter the alert category you created in ALRTCATDEF. You will receive a unique alert ID and the alert will route to your user ID.
6. Go to the UWL and the alert will be there!
So, if you are already using the alert framework in multiple systems, you can very easily start sending your alerts to the Universal Worklist! Now in UWL you can receive alerts, business workflow items, KM notifications, and Collaboration Tasks – all in one location!