This tool can be very helpful for every XI developer for log checking insted of using Visual Admin for this purpose
(also helpful with the Adapter monitoring).
1. Log onto NetWeaver Administrator – http://host:port/nwa
2. Choose Analysis then Debug.
3. Now let’s try to create a simple Custom view.
4. Click Open Filter.
5. Let’s choose our Data source.
6. Choose Filter by Content then -> Severity -> Error (and we’ll create a filter just for Error messages).
7. Now let’s save “highly advanced” View 🙂
8. Let’s take a look at the Record details of the first error message.
I had to change the file adapter to a wrong address (with ftp://) but thanks to that you can see an error 🙂
I know that is just a very basic example but I hope to show you much more uses of this tool in the near future 🙂
I also hope that many of you will also post weblogs about your ideas of making it work and how you use it to monitor XI components.