ABAP Server Proxies
As part of Research & Development @ Satyam NetWeaver Labs, I was responsible for integrating Legacy system with SAP System using Inbound ABAP Proxies. ABAP Server(Inbound) Proxies enable adapterless integration with SAP Applications on WAS6.20 and above.A server Proxy(Inbound proxy) can be used to
- To implement a service that can be addressed by the SAP XI Integration Server
- To implement a service that can be called as a Web service
This blog describes the steps involved in Inbound/server Proxy Development.
- Necessary repository objects are developed during the design phase. The inbound Datatype and the corresponding message interface are shown below.
- Inbound proxy for the corresponding Inbound Message Interface is generated in the SAP System.
- Inbound ABAP proxy generates the following Objects:
- ABAP Interface ( ZII_EMPDETAILS_IN_MI)
- Structure for the message type in ABAP Data Dictionary (ZEMPDETAILS_MT).
- Structure for the data type in ABAP Data Dictionary (ZEMPDETAILS_DT).
An ABAP class is generated (if it does not already exists for the ABAP Interface that has been generated) which implements the interface ( ZII_EMPDETAILS_IN_MI). Below are the methods and parameters of the ABAP Class (ZCL_EMPDETAILS_IN_MI).
Below is the code snippet of ZII_EMPDETAILS_IN_MI~EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS method. ZEMPMASTER is a function module that inserts the data into corresponding tables.
Note: Do not forget to activate the Objects that have been generated.
XI Uses XI Adapter to communicate to SAP System when the SAP System is implementing proxies. Below are the configuration parameters of XIAdapter.
This document will enable adapter less communication with WAS6.20 Systems and above.