Value Mapping Replication
As we all know the value mappings in XI can be maintained both at design and configuration time. There is also a third option, which allows
the value mapping to be replicated into XI runtime cache from external sources. This technique issued by SAP MDM for replicating the key
mapping generated by the matching component.
This blog details out the important steps needed to
replicate the value mapping from external source into
the XI runtime cache.
SAP ships message interfaces (both synchronous
and asynchronous) for replicating the value mapping,
as part of the SAP XI shipment.
These interfaces can be seen under the software
component SAP BASIS 6.40 in XI 3.0.
Steps involved in the value mapping replication:
1.First activate the java inbound proxies. To do this, call the below urls from the browser
For Synchronous scenario:
For Asynchronous scenario:
The reason for doing this is, the value mapping data is stored in XI runtime cache of the java stack.The above registered inbound java proxies are called during the runtime time to update the
XI cache with value mapping data.
2. Create the integration scenario in the directory
3. Create the communication channel
3. Create the Sender Agreement(optional) based on how you are communicatinh with XI. In this case, since I am directly calling the XI pipeline URL, there is no need of sender agreement
4.Create the receiver agreement
5. Create Receiver determination
6. Create the interface determination