SAP GUI for Java-Web Deployment –Enterprise Portal,
Configuring SAP GUI for Java
but then this was not just enough for me.
Here I have my requirement as bringing SAP GUI for Java in MAC using Web Deployment.
1) First download PlatinGUI-MacOSX-630.jar from ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/java/630/
2) Copy or ftp to your Enterprise Portal server ( I had put it in /usr/sap…../jspTemp/../platinhome/”)
Just extract the JAR file inside the recommended folder (do not install).
3) That’s it come back to the Enterprise Portal Screen , Create a SAP Transaction iView selecting
SAP GUI for java and giving the R/3 connection parameters.
4) Now go to System Administration -> Systems-> System Services->com.application.integration.sap
5) Now edit the transaction_service
6) There are two fields which actually ask for the path in which the jar files are located and the JRE path. (JREPluginDownloadLocation and JavaGuiCodeBase)
Now the JavaGuiCodeBase path is the relative path w.r.t the enterprise portal
Example : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/index.html is the main page
and in my case I have created a new directory in the same place hence my path would be
/irj/platinhome that’s it
The JRE path this is basically needed incase the client does not have a JRE installed in the machine. If you are very sure that the client machine would be having the correct JRE (see JRE requirement from the manual available in the FTP site), one can afford to leave this field blank.
Else place the JRE installation (client machine compatible) inside a directory accessible through the HTTP protocol and give its path in JREPluginDownloadLocation.
7) you are all set to preview the ivew or assign it to a user and test it.
Problems which I encountered
1) com.sap.platin.GuiApplet2 not found
Typical path problem either not set in the transaction_service or wrong path
2) Resource load failed
This is because the JAR file in the server is not compatible with the client machine
I had the JAR of windows and was trying in MAC J
3) In all case one can check the guiinstall.log (see manual)