First of all of course the SAP TechEds. Not to be missed:
- Vienna: September 21st-23rd
- Boston: September 27th-30th
- India: October 5th-7th
- Tokyo: October 25th-26th
Check out the personal accounts from SAP TechEd this year and you may want to start to twist your bosses arm to ensure she let’s you go in 2005 🙂
There were also the Java Developer Day last year in Germany, mainly organized by Daniel Stephan. You can check the presentations at the SDN eClasses section. The developers who had the privilege to be part of it really loved it.
This is why we are expanding it in 2005:
- Content will be covered in two days instead of one. (Do I hear evening event?)
- We will go beyond pure Java this is why we will probably call it the SAP NetWeaver Developer Days (Not finalized yet)
- There will be an SDN track with experiences coming from you and your colleagues in the field. There will be a call for papers soon, so if you want to make sure you are part of this event, you should start thinking about a compelling presentation.
- To make sure that the SDN Members in America doesn’t feel left out we will do a smaller event in Palo Alto too.
(Exact naming and format for it is still being worked out)
What we will not change is the size of the event. This is not going to be a second TechEd.
Because space is limited and we are confident the demand will be big, one of the criteria to select who is going to be part of it will be your contributions to SDN. Of course if you present you will be in.
The dates are set: 7th-8th of April in Palo Alto and 19th and 20th of April in Walldorf/Rot All the rest may change. I am quite excited about this opportunity to come to gather and exchange SAP as well as customer and partner developments as well as stories.
Right after the new year I will be in Walldorf. Number one let me know if there is something that I should fight for while I am there. Number two it is early in the year, so I don’ t know if people have time, but I am organizing an informal SDN Contributor get together on Tuesday evening the 4th of January 2005 7pm at the Marktstube in Walldorf. A local pub where you can get some good beer, wine and food there. I am really looking forward to the Flammkuchen. I will be in the back where the benches are, wearing the signature black SDN Blogger t-shirt. As always I love to meet fellow SDN Members face to face so please come by.
From the SDN Team in Walldorf Kathleen Meyers and may be Pranav Bihari will join us tonight the 4th of January 7pm at the Marktstube Hauptstrasse 20 in Walldorf. To make it easier for you to recognize us here some pictures that we just took.
See you later.