You may ask, what are Entry Points? Well Entry Points are something new to SAP NetWeaver 04 release. Entry points allow you to navigate to various KM folders that may be located in several repositories. It basically provides you with central access to multiple repositories.
Entry points can be used in the following places:
- Entry Points iView
- Selection screen (for example, when copying or moving items in KM folders)
- Go To menu in KM navigation iViews
There are several Entry Points delivered within the standard system. They include:
- Public Documents
- Personal Documents
- Common Folders
- Recently Used
Of course you can create your own Entry Points, heres what you need to do:
1) Identify a folder within a repository that you want to be an entry point. For example, it can be in the /documents/Public Documents/Global
2) If you want to use a specific image for your entry point, upload the image, however rename it with the extension of .img. The name of the image must be the same as the name of the folder for the entry point. For example Global.img.
3) Create a new one by navigating to System Administration>System Configuration>Content Management>Repository Managers>Entry Point Providers > Entry Point Provider for Static Folders.
Now see your new Entry Point! Navigate to Home -> Documents iView.
For more information on Entry Points, please see Knowledge Management Administrative Guide at http://help.sap.com