You need Visual Studio Professional (or higher) to install.
If you have a older version of SAP .NET Connector, deinstall it first. Also delete the “SAP Proxy” toolbox tab with all items.
Deinstallation of SAP .NET Connector 1.x can cause problems with Visual Studio. To fix them, execute the following command:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\vcpackages\csproj.dll"
As the things work fairly different from Version 1.0, here some tips to get started:
– Download the ZIP and extract the MSI.
– Installl it. You need Visual Studio 2003 beeing installed.
– Start Visual Studio.
– You see the documentation in “Content”.
– Create or open a VB or C# project.
– Add new item “SAP Connector Proxy” (go down the list).
– Open Server Explorer.
– Select the “Data Connections” node and click on “Refresh” button. Do not right click and select “Refresh”, but click the small button on top of the Server Explorer Window. You should see the SAP root node. If you still don’t see it, perhaps you have a “Standard” Edition of Visual Studio that is not supported.
– Add your SAP Server nodes and drag Functions or BOR objects to the designer.