Creating a WebDav Connection (Release EP 6.0 SP2)
Question: We want to use WebDav to copy a large amount of files in to a KM. How can I create a WebDav connection to a KM repository?
You might first ask what is WebDav? Well, WebDav stands for Web Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning. It is a set of extensions to the HTTP protocol that allow users to collaboratively edit and manage files on remote Web servers.
Creating a WebDAV connection to a KM repository is a relatively simple procedure.
Here are the steps:
1) Access the details screen for a folder within your repository. In this example we are using the WebDav Examples folder.
2. Within the properties (menu path: Settings -> Properties), the Access Links tab has the url needed. Copy the URL for the folder. Example:
4. Create a new Network Place and paste the the URL from step 3.
5. When you get the authentication prompt, enter your portal user and password. In this example, the user is Maria Hicks. Her user name is hicksm.
6. The name of the Network Place can be changed if desired.
7. The Windows Explorer appears within the documents repository. All of the subfolders within this repository are available. For our example, navigate to the folder WebDav Examples. You can now copy and paste files in to the WebDav Example folder.
For more information on WebDav, please see the Knowledge Management Administration Guide or http://www.webdav.org.