Install SAP EP 6.0 on Web AS 6.40
In the last two weeks my colleagues and I really had an odyssey through the SAP Service Marketplace and OSS. We tried to install SAP EP 6.0 on Web AS 6.40. In the /thread/16084 [original link is broken] in the /community [original link is broken] I saw, that not only we have problems. Today we finally found a solution. In the hope that your installation runs a lot easier, I will shortly describe what you need.
Download Installation CD ROM’s and DVD’s
The Installation CD ROMs and DVDs should be available at http://sevice.sap.com/installations -> SAP Installations and Upgrades -> my Application Components -> SAP ENTERPRISE PORTAL. If you don’t have “SAP EP 6.0 ON WEB AS 6.40” in this list, you should contact your SAP sales contact.
For the installation guide of EP 6 running on Web AS 6.40 go to http://sevice.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> Release 04 -> Planning and download the “Master Guide – SAP NetWeaver ’04”. Then go to Installation and get the Installation Guide for the SAP Web AS Java 6.40 on the Operating System and the Database you use. Also get the Installation Guide – SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 on Web AS 6.40.
Support Packages and Patches
Open http://sevice.sap.com/patches -> SAP Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver Components -> SAP NETWEAVER. Select the Scenario SAP EP 6.0 on Web AS 6.40. Download the Documentation for the latest Support Package Stack and all the other components.
Now you have all you need. Read the Guides and the referred SAP Notes and install.
- Install the database
- Install the Web AS 6.40 Java SP 3 coming with the Installation CD-ROM’s
- Create a user in the User Admin (http://server.domain.com:50000/useradmin) and assign this user to the Administrator group. Just for the case that you lock the Administrator user.
- Patch the Web AS 6.40 Java directly to the latest available Support Package Stack. This is possible since SP Stack 3.
- Install the EP 6.0 coming with the Installation CD-ROM’s
- Patch the EP 6.0 directly to the latest available Support Package Stack.
- Have fun using the SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 on Web AS 6.40!