Contribute to the TechEd Wiki!
Mark Finnern asked you all to contribute to the TechEd Wiki in his Weblog Jam at SAP TechEd ’04. Unfortunately no new entries where made till Friday as you can see on the recent changes page in the TechEd Wiki. So I’m asking myself: Did nobody else come to TechEd this year? I think no.
Please 10 minutes and contribute to the TechEd Wiki. Here’s my step by step guide guiding you through the Wiki:
Not mandatory but I think it’s good behaviour to show the other users who had done changes
- Start by clicking on the “AnonymousGnome” link in the upper right corner to make your User Preferences.
- Enter a KwikiUserName. Best is to use CamelCase like GregorWolf for example.
- Click on “Save”. Now the Wiki knows you and all changes you made are appearing also with your Name on the recent changes page.
Bird of a Feather Sessions
- Now go to the HomePage and choose the TechEd you attend to.
- On the next page you find a link to the BOF Session Suggestions
- If you want to submit your on suggestion or you want to tell that your interested in a topic then click on the Edit icon ().
- Scroll down to the session you like to participate and add your name. Again CamelCase like GregorWolf recommended
- After you have done your changes on the page click on Preview to see how it would look like.
- If you like what you see click finally on “Save”
- Now you have changed your first Wiki page. Congratulations
Build your own Homepage
If you entered your Name in CamelCase into the page, you will see a new link. This is the possibility for you to create your own Homepage in the Wiki
- Click on your Name
- The editor is opened directly and you can tell us something about you.
- If you don’t know how to start look at the source of other pages. As an example MarkFinnern. Click on edit and copy/paste the “code”.
Don’t forget to contribute to the RideSharing and Party pages. After the TechEd we have the possibility to share our digital camera pictures.