Dear fellow developers,
I have been frequenting the SAP Business One Forum before it even started. And I left a lot of traces posting my own questions and answering the ones of others.
Most of the information I was looking for was basic.
How do I create a form via xml (now called .srf)?
How does the matrix work?
How does a folder control work?
I still see these questions popping up every once in a while…
SAP has done a good job publishing samples, but good new samples have not being published for a while now.
All I was always looking for is this one sample application which would take me by the hand and guide me through all of my basic questions.
For all these reasons I am proposing the development of an open source technology demo addon.
Here is what i dream of…
Technology addon specs:
The Addon …
- is meant to provide a single point of entry for a developer
instead of the existing technology samples which each show a part of base technology, there should be only one application which covers all. Hence it should include all existing technology demos
- will include a sample for all relevant SAP Business One related technologies presented in the current and in all previous releases
- will be provided to anyone at no cost
- will be uncompiled, generously commented and open source code
- is to be written in english language (comments, variable names and other) to serve the whole developers community
- will provide a sample method of addon registration / addon setup
- will run on all versions of SAP Business One (by providing a version parameter)
- uses the us demo database provided by SAP as common ground database for all developers
- will not (necessarily) serve any real life purpose
- is to create all neccessary additional userdefined tables and userdefined tables by itself using the DIApi
- must observe common laws of object oriented development
- the sample code could be localized to provide access and understanding for developers who do not speak english
- sample code should be available in all major languages
I will soon start to get the above techdemo on the road. Anyone willing to share his ideas and/or achievements in and around Business One is most welcome to join me in the process.