SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP Stack 04 on a UNIX box.
This, of course, is something that always makes me, a rather non-UNIX-speaking person, slightly queasy.
Nevertheless, *brag on* I finished my installation first in the class *brag off*!
I then put some finishing touches on the installation exercises by installing a version of SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 on WebAS 6.40 on my laptop.
Next time you see me, I can show you everything you want without a LAN or a wireless connection. This is the portal product management life!!
Okay, enough about my portal installation experiences.
What I really wanted to share with you is that there are many nuggets of wisdom (some of which I used as part of my recent portal installation experience) contained in the SAP EP 6.0 How-to-Guides, which can be found at http://service.sap.com/ep60howtoguides.
Another option: You can simply do a search for the topics below on SDN!
Here is the list of the current guides you will find out there:
- Troubleshooting SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0
- How to Build a Room Template
- Transfer Collaboration Rooms From EP5 to EP6
- Configuring the Reverse Proxy Filter for SAP EP 6.0
- Creating New Portal Display Rules
- Creating a New Portal Desktop
- Customizing the Logon Screen
- Enhancing Page Performance over the Network for EP 6.0 SP2
- Fine-Tuning Performance of Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP2
- Implementing High Availability for SAP EP 6.0
- Performing Initial Sizing of SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0
- Role Concept in SAP Enterprise Portal 5.0 and 6.0
- Setting Up a Global Portal Environment with Syndicated Content
- Uploading Roles from ABAP-Based Systems
- Using the Application Integrator
- How to Set Up a Web Repository and Crawling It For Indexing
- TREX Recommendations
- Monitoring TREX with alertMonitor.py
- Configure HTML Collection Renderer for FlexUI
- How to create XML forms
- Removing the ‘Details’ Link in the Search Results Page
These How-to-Guides were written by our RIG (Regional Implementation Group) teams as well as by some of our Product Management experts. They can help you easily understand a number of more advanced topics or quickly guide you to an understanding of basic ideas such as the role concept.
I would encourage you to check the alias /ep60howtoguides on a regular basis, as new topics are being added there all the time!