Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get current user location

former_member2492
Active Participant

How to know where the user is running the report from?

How can I get the current location?

Please let me know, I can not find any info about this?

How can I know if the report os being run in china or berlin?

12 REPLIES 12

loyd_enochs3
Participant

Jonathan,

To the best of my knowledge, the USR03 table will give you where the user is based, and SY-HOST will give you the name of the application server the job is running on.

The bigger issues are:

1. does the organization maintain USR03 data on a timely basis,
  2. the geolocation of the application server may have no relationship to where the user is based,
  3. if the user is working remote, there isn't (to my knowledge) anything in SAP that will track that information.

0 Kudos

Unfortunately USR03 is not maintained, lets hope someone has a different solution.thank you for your effort

USR03 is obsolete. Use USR21 which is the relationship between users and addresses in the address tables (AD*).

0 Kudos
Sandra Rossi then I get the user address but how is this connected to the location?is there another table which stores them?

Jonathan Blavatsky A "location" is an address, no? (what means location for you? The city?) Do you mean you didn't find the right ADR* table?

Johnathan, if you are looking for the physical location of the user when the report was executed, that is is a detective job using the IP address, as Kashyap Shah mentioned below.

But even then, VPNs and other security measures can mask a user's physical location.

0 Kudos

Sandra Rossi I found that the table who saves the plant is T001W but I see no relationship between the username and this table.If you find any please provide an answer

0 Kudos
Loyd Enochs you are probably right ,I do not think that SAP provides geolocation,at least not my version 😞

kashyap_shah3
Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

If users connect to SAP system directly from their device by means of SAPGUI, etc. then you could use OS01 transaction and double click on "Active Presentation Srvrs". That should list currently connected devices by above means. Ping to individual Server Name should reveal IP. Based on IP used within your organisation, you should be able to tell who's connecting from what location.

This may well not serve a broader purpose of what you're trying to do which we aren't aware yet.

Best Regards,
Kashyap Shah

you don't have to ping, just click change view and the IP address will shown.

0 Kudos

programatically please

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Class CL_SERVER_INFO :

something like :

cl_system_info=>get_server_info( server_name )->get_session_list( ).

but IP gives you just IP, you have to know the landscape of the netword (if there is)