Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting records from a std table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a standard table that has some unwanted records in our testing client, I want to delete these records. I tried SE16 to delete the records but the delete option is greyed out for us, then I tried doing the same through SM30 but the table maintenace has not been generated for this table. So can you please tell me how can I delete records from the table.

Thanks,.Rajat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Peluka's answer is the best one so far.

What table are you hitting?

You can do a lot of damage by messing with standard SAP tables.

Rob

14 REPLIES 14

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

probably if there's no standard option to delete records from a table it means that you cannot delete it without doing some damage in other parts of the system. BUT

you can delete some records writing a basic abap program or by debugging se16 transaction, changing the variable called CODE from "SHOW" to "DELE".

best regards,

JN

Subhankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From SE16 you can delete the records by changing the UCOMM to DELE.

Also from SE16N you can try. It is easy to delete here.

Thanks

Subhankar

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Table name?

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well its not at all advisable to use the option I say.. but some times we need to ...

se16n >enter the table name > in the command bar type &SAP_EDIT and hit enter ...

that will give you an option to edit the fields...

for this to work... your basis should not have applied the fix which kills this.

0 Kudos

nothing happened when I tried this option.

0 Kudos

if the option is available, as soon as you hit &sap_edit and hit enter.. there will be success msg.... edit is activatied...

Edited by: J@Y on Dec 14, 2010 11:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Peluka's answer is the best one so far.

What table are you hitting?

You can do a lot of damage by messing with standard SAP tables.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

it's TNODEIMGT.

0 Kudos

There are a number of notes related to deleting records from this table. Have you looked for notes yet?

Rob

0 Kudos

Yes Rob, I already looked at that but didn;t find anything helpful. Can you please suggest ? although I am looking ta the notes again

0 Kudos

If you don't find any, it would be a better idea to raise an OSS message than relying on the forum.

Rob

0 Kudos

Yes... that's what I am going to do but thought first to try on the forum.

0 Kudos

As the thread is still open, let me add my 2 cents: Since SE16 does not log the changes if you change the command code to DELE (or EDIT), this is not advisable at all. You get a log entry but this will not even tell you what table you are changing.

SE16N with &sap_edit is not advised for standard tables either, but it records the results of your changes: For delete, you can check what you deleted and restore it by insert if required. Edit records only the results of changes, not the original values - ask SAP why they did not invest this additional extra 10 minutes to implement this.

Search for report/transactions with SE16N in the name, i do not have it in my head.

Regards,

Clemens

0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

You said that we can see log entries when we delete records from database using &SAP_EDIT command. Can you tell me where can we see the log entries for that?