Let me shortly introduce myself – my name is Susanne Knopp, I am the rollout lead for SAP HANA rapid-deployment solutions (RDS) and therefore I have an early knowledge about the capabilities of new solutions. My task is to enable our internal SAP colleagues and SAP partners with knowledge about our rapid-deployment solutions so that they are capable of doing the greatest job possible.
One of the tasks on my agenda is therefore to get people started on their way of becoming experts. My goal in writing this blog is to answer questions that you might have:
1) What is a rapid-deployment solution?
2) Why is SAP delivering new rapid-deployment solutions in the context of SAP HANA?
3) What can I expect from the rapid-deployment solutions leveraging the power of SAP HANA?
The first question has already been answered several times and to which I could not have made a better response myself. Have a look at the blog SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions – The Basics. So let us focus on the second question: “Why is SAP delivering new rapid-deployment solutions in the context of SAP HANA?”
One of the key attributes of SAP HANA is to deliver more speed. And with rapid-deployment solutions for SAP HANA we are delivering the power of SAP HANA with a “high speed implementation.” We want the customers to receive high-impact business value and to profit from the new technology, but through shorter implementation projects that bring visibility around how much it will cost, and when it will be deployed. A rapid-deployment solution implementation typically takes no longer than 12 weeks – for solutions powered by SAP HANA (e.g. accelerators) you will find that in most cases it takes between 3-6 weeks. Maybe this does not sound like an enterprise IT solution implementation – but it is!
So what can someone expect from the rapid-deployment solution leveraging the power of SAP HANA? – You will find we are delivering the full advantage of HANA platform, ready-to-use business scenarios and detailed solution documentation. All of this you will get within a tremendously short implementation timeframe with low risk and predictable costs.
A significant portfolio of rapid-deployment solutions with SAP HANA is already available. This includes:
- SAP ERP rapid-deployment solution for profitability with SAP HANA
- SAP rapid-deployment solution for customer segmentation with SAP HANA
- SAP ERP for accelerated finance and controlling with SAP HANA
- SAP ERP rapid-deployment solution for operational reporting with SAP HANA
- SAP rapid-deployment solution for pipeline analysis with SAP HANA
- SAP Bank Analyzer rapid-deployment solution for financial reporting with SAP HANA
- SAP Deposits Management rapid-deployment solution for transaction history analysis with SAP HANA
SAP is planning to release more HANA rapid-deployment solutions every quarter.
I hope this gave you a short overview on rapid-deployment solutions with SAP HANA. In the coming weeks, I hope to provide you with further details on these available solutions. In the meantime, visit the SAP Rapid Deployment solutions pages to begin exploring the solutions yourself.
Susanne Knopp is the Rollout Lead for SAP HANA rapid-deployment solutions.
Brought to you by SAP Services.