In previous articles I mentioned the MIC and the CMoO, but as a recap let me again explain here…
The Mobile Innovation Council’s Team should contain 10 to 20 key members such as, skilled representatives from the corporate Mobile Development Team, a Mobility Architect, the Stakeholders for Mobile within the company and most importantly End Users within various departments, with the essential business process expertise. All of these should be Chaired by the CMoO and the output of a MIC should be suggested solutions, that come from the business users upwards.
The key role of the Chief Mobility Officer (CMoO) is being a visionary, bridging the gap between business and IT and coordinating the MIC. It is also the CMoO‘s top responsibility to identify Mobile Trends and Directions, reducing any wasted time and effort and ultimately empowering the Enterprise with the benefits of mobile, such as streamlining business processes, rapid response, ultimately gaining a competitive advantage.
Looking at the MIC closer identifies a number of responsible areas that the group should be in control of.
- Strategy – this is in respect of two areas. Vision and Direction, for both the general mobile strategy and specifically for the Apps identified by the MIC.
- Messaging – inside the company as a whole, for the Strategy and Apps.
- Incentives – that promote further adoption of Mobile.
- Policies – mobile Governance Policies on the usage of devices, BYOD/CYOD and Mobile Device Management (MDM including security).
- Demos – of the applications identified by the MIC and created by the Mobile Development group.
- Scope – defining the Application Definition Statement (ADS) for the Apps identified by the MIC.
- UX Design - making sure the apps are Innovative and adhere to Human Interface Guidelines (HIGs). Not forgetting Localisation & Internationalisation
- Acceptance – signing off the apps into production.
- Product Roadmap – for the Apps identified by the MIC.
- Evangelism - the promotion of all of the above pieces.
Your Mobile Ideas Incubator will be more than just good ideas!