For the most part being social is not a spectator sport. However, every once in a while, you may encounter something that creates far more questions than it does answers.
In social media conversations are happening all around us and sometimes we join in, but other times we just watch.
As a student of people and life I have recently noticed some behaviors that have raised my curiosity to new heights and inspired me to actually post a few of these questions seeking the answers of others. Some of these questions are more fun spirited while others a bit more serious. Nevertheless, I’m most interested in what you, the reader, thinks? So here we go…
- “The Over-Sharer”- Is there ever a point where the person who shares too much realizes…”I think I share too much?”
- “Internet Muscles”- Why do people think that just because they are hiding behind an avatar/alias that they can say and do whatever they want?
- “The I-Hole”- If someone disagrees with you does it truly make them an “i” hole?…idiot, ignorant, incompetent, or insolent.
- “Like Me Like Me Guy”- Would you really walk up to every person you meet on the street and ask them to Like your Facebook page?
- “Super Friend”- Does the term “Facebook Friend” trivialize the meaning of “Real” Friend?
While certainly there are no absolutes with any of these questions, we all probably know a few, if not many people that fit into each one of these categories. But have you ever taken the time to consider how it is that you participate in Social Media? Are you any of the above personalities online?
So what do you think? Leave your thoughts and continue the conversation below.