If email and calendar apps win the gold and silver medals for most in-demand mobile applications, what takes bronze? According to Dresner’s 2012 Mobile Business Intelligence Market Study, this year, mobile BI has earned its spot on the podium.
Read this in-depth report to learn more about the realities and intentions surrounding mobile BI today – from the best devices for BI apps, to why so many business users are planning to access BI exclusively via mobile device.
Download Dresner’s 2012 Mobile Business Intelligence Market Study
In October 2011, Dresner surveyed a broad cross-section of organizations from around the world to better understand the current implementations, perceptions, and future plans for mobile business intelligence. Here are some key takeaways from the study:
- BI ranked in the top three high-demand mobile apps – after email and personal information management (calendar and scheduling apps).
- 68% of respondents see mobile BI as either “critical” or “very important” to their businesses – versus 52% in 2010.
- The iPhone has become the most established mobile BI platform, with the iPad quickly gaining ground. Android phone and tablet use also appear to be growing substantially.
- There is evidence of decreased mobile BI use and plans for RIM Blackberry and Windows phones.
- 75% of respondents indicated that between 21% and 81% of business users will access BI exclusively through mobile devices within the next two years.
The study also examined vendor ranking. Using the data provided by 24 different BI vendors, Dresner constructed a model that ranks providers like QlikTech, Yellowfin, Information Builders, and SAP based on mobile platform support, platform integration, and numbers of supported BI features. Check out the the 2012 Mobile Business Intelligence Market Study for the full story.